Location: Greater London | Flexible Hybrid working, office based twice a week in Surrey.
With so much talk about sustainability, the environment, and ‘going green’, this role as Research Manager will give a keen and passionate researcher the opportunity to be on the forefront of change, and seeing real-world impact; where research action is really changing and even shaping the conversation.
We are on the look out for an experienced, forward thinking, analytical Research Manager to join a specialist team in customer and stakeholder engagement across the Sustainability and Utilities sector, with our clients being leading gas and electricity suppliers, network operators, water companies, transport providers, regulators consumer groups, and much more.
But this isn’t your standard utilities research; this is research that operates at a higher level than brands, with real-world impact that has even made the press on several occasions. This is research that helps challenge and change policies, public perceptions, services, brand strategies and more. It is the work that helps to future-proof agencies, brands, and governmental groups.
People that work in this organisation say they love being part of cutting-edge innovations, doing ground-breaking work, and being part of transformation. Does this pique your passion for altruistic work?
If so, check out the responsibilities and skills, and get in touch with your CV if this sounds like a great fit for you.
Skills, experience and responsibilities;
- Managing multiple studies simultaneously, in a timely manner, and to deadlines
- Creating and developing research materials; questionnaire design, data specification, and insight reporting.
- Developing and maintaining trusted client and supplier relations
- Strong research agency background, with at least 5 years’ hands-on experience of utilities, social research or sustainability
- Excellent written skills with proven experience of delivering in-depth high-quality reporting. (For those who only like PPT reporting, this role perhaps isn’t for you. But if you love writing, and have attention to detail, then keep reading!)
- Experience of writing procurement-led bids and tendering for business
- Strong account management skills – building and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent range of quantitative research skills, and able to lead a research project from inception to insight reporting.
- You will be detail-orientated, scrutinize research, and have the gravitas to ask ‘why’ and share your ideas, and passion for research.
- As the research projects are mainly quantitative, (some qualitative experience would be desirable), you will be knowledgeable on quant methods, and easily turn your expertise to manage some customer satisfaction studies, pricing studies and business analysis.
- A passion for sustainability, and/or experience with Low Carbon Technologies is a useful bonus
- Good understanding of the regulatory frameworks within utilities sector
Other information and perks
- 10% bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- A company that works hard, needs to play hard; expect fun and interesting social events throughout the calendar, including skiing!
If you are interested in this role and feel you would be a good fit, then we would love to hear from you!
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org