This role is based in the UK, but as part of the Africa team.
Lots of market research companies say they’re different, but this company really is.
With lots of international research, and in particular the EMEA regions, this growing company specialises in political, social and cultural research, international affairs, healthcare, and even research into conflicts.
And with so much going on in the world today, this organization is busier than ever helping companies understand how to survive and thrive through several problems, and support solutions.
For researchers looking to see their work make an impact, and be at the forefront of important global matters, this role is for you.
With a mix of younger and well-seasoned researchers, the intelligent, dynamic and social team work collaboratively to succeed. However, there is the odd project so secret, that only a select few of your colleagues might know about it.
Travel is expected in this role, around once per quarter (can be more if willing), in which the successful Senior Research Executive is expected to take initiative and be proactive with great organizational skills, and an interest in other cultures.
Based in the Africa team, experience of research in Africa, and developing countries would be advantageous, and as a Senior Research Executive, you would be expected to have excellent communication skills, and a passion for learning.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities pertaining to the expectations of this level, covering project management and delivery, client management, commercial management, business development, and be proactive in their personal development.
So if you can run projects from start to end, from proposal stage right the way through to insight reporting, and are as comfortable working independently as in a team, this role could be for you.
For a hard-working team, there is a balance of a great working culture, with social evets throughout the year such as Summer and Festive parties, and team meet-ups. The successful candidate can expect to also get involved with further training and development, as this is a company that passionately supports learning and upskilling where needed.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Confident in leading conversations with clients during kick-off call stage and throughout client relationship
- Be able to confidently explain the advantages of both qualitative and quantitative methods to clients, and suggest most effective approach(es) to meet their needs
- Be confident in presenting insight and findings to clients, and whether online or in-person, build and maintain trust and good rapport
- Running qualitative projects from start-to-end, and you will be comfortable also running ad-hoc quantitative projects where needed (you may have a specialism or more expertise in one method over an other, but must understand both methods)
- You will have had experience overseeing, and in some cases leading, international research projects, and will be comfortable travelling to lead projects in-person
- Proposal writing; contribute to this process and even take the lead on smaller proposals, with excellent writing skills
- Be interested in new research techniques, and have a passion for keeping ‘on the pulse’ with changes in the industry, and have confidence in bringing ideas to light
- Be responsible for your learning and look to build further skills, and be able to present learning needs/desires in a relevant and commercially-conscious fashion
- Check budgets for projects costs, such as travel, fieldwork, and translation, and flag if a budget is about to reach its limit
- Provide support to account directors by sharing new business opportunities
- While travelling on projects, liaise with Business Development staff where needed about meeting prospective local contacts or clients
Nice to have;
As well as fluent English, French and other additional languages are a bonus but not a must
Hybrid working: the successful candidate is expected to be in the London office 3 days a week, and there is flexibility around which days those are
Holiday: 25 days annual leave
If this is a role for you, get in touch!
Don't think this is right for you, but know someone who could smash it? Send our website link on, and share the opportunity!